Sunday, February 16, 2014

TURKEY MEAT BALLS WITH SWISS CHARD


TURKEY MEAT BALLS

   WITH SWISS CHARD


I was not well last two weeks . I had a very bad flu, high fever, aching body. Not only that I could not cook and  eat , even I could not stand smell of food. It was interesting period for me. I have been felling myself well for last  two  days . Now I am thinking all day what I can  cook.... something light and tasty .This recipe emerged for a moment like this.
My favorite kitchen equipment is my stand mixer. I have got food grinder  part as a Christmas present. I am so please to have it, it is so  useful.  I find turkey meat much more tasty than beef and chicken. They do not sell ground turkey in my country.. Now I can make ground turkey when ever I need.
I prefer Swiss chard because it is more sour and spicy than spinach.   I  hope you like it as much as I do.

INGREDIENTS
500g -1lb minced turkey
1 egg
2 slices white bread
1  medium onion
1 clove garlic
2 medium carrot, cut into quarters
1 tsp dry thyme
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 bunch of Swiss chard or spinach, chopped
1egg yolk
2 tbsp. lemon juice






Place ground turkey in a large bowl. Proses onion, garlic, bread and egg in a food processor. Transfer this mixture to the bowl. Add dry thyme, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix with a spoon.  Make small balls
Boil 2 1/2 cups water in a pan ,add 1/2 tsp salt. Add carrots and turkey balls. Cover and cook 20-25 minutes or until turkey balls cook. Add chopped Swiss chard or spinach. Cook further 10 minutes.
Mix egg yolk and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add few spoons of hot juice of meal. Then pour the mixture very slowly into the pan. Simmer 2 minutes. And then it is ready to eat for cold winter days.



No comments:

Post a Comment