Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ORANGE MUFFINS






                   ORANGE MUFFIN





 

I learned this recipe from one of my mother's travel companions.They were going to holiday at least once a year. Once I joined them with my sons. we had wonderful time. She was an easy going and helpful lady. also she was a very good cook. I have some other recipes from her. Unfortunately she past away some years ago. I always remember her when ever ı make these muffins.
If you like orange I bet you will like orange muffin, because it has strong orange taste.

INGREDIENTS
1 big orange
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

PREPARATION
Process orange and sugar in a food processor. Transfer mixture into a big bowl. Let it stand one hour. Add melted butter , mix well. Stir into flour and baking powder. Stir gently with a fork until all ingredients are mixed.
Spoon mixture into each well greased muffin tin, filling two-thirds full. Bake at 200C-400F for 15-20 minutes until golden. Makes 8 big, 12 small muffins.
                  

No comments:

Post a Comment