Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Patties-Lady's tigh






                                          PATTIES
                     








Meat takes important place in Turkish cuisine. The main use of meat in cooking is minced (ground) meat. Typical minced meat dish KOFTE is mixture of minced meat, onion, bread and spice and shaped oval, round and grilled, baked, fried or boiled.
My today's recipe is a traditional Turkish recipe which has a funny name... LADY'S TIGHT... I wonder why they give a name like this. I searched about it but I couldn't reach any information.
I was just married with my husband , me and my mother in law went to Ankara (capital city of Turkey) to visit her mother, grandma.
Mother and daughter decided to make Lady's tight. This patty dish has been very popular in my husband's family. After grandma mixed all ingredients , they shaped together. When they fished , grandma started to yell ' Look at you , who taught you to make them this big , reshape them...' Believe me grandma reshape all patties which my mother in law shaped and shaped all of them herself... At that day I understood everybody has hers own cooking style even mother and daughter ....and child doesn't grow enough in the eyes of her mother....

Ingredients:

500g (1lb) lean minced (ground) meat
1 medium onion , chopped
2 tablespoon chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 small egg
1/2 cup short grain rice
1 cup hot water

For fry:
3 tablespoon plain flour
2 large eggs
1 cup vegetable oil

Preparation:

Place rice in a pan, add a cup of hot water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil it until all water absorbed. Let it cool.
Put onion, parsley, egg and seasoning in a food processor. While it is working add meat. Transfer the mixture in a large bowl. Add cooked rice , mix well. Leave it in the fridge half an hour.
Take an egg size mixture, shape oval and flatten.
Beat the eggs in a bowl. Place flour in a plate.
Heat oil, cover koftes with flour and dip into beaten egg. Fry both sides over medium heat, until they get golden brown. Serve hot with potatoes and green salad.












No comments:

Post a Comment